I’m sorry for the insanely long delay.
1. Scout’s Journey is still alive.
2. I have Unreal 4 working on my Linux box. (!) DINGDINGDING
3. I have a batch of paper with written notes on it that mostly concerns the script. Needs working in.
4. I spent the winter on welfare for various reasons. The German welfare system is ok (it doesn’t kill you) but it put me deep into depression hell for a while. I’m starting a new job as an IT specialist in August which should stabilize things.
5. I got back into drawing on paper instead of using the graphics tablet. It just gives you more control. Sketches are being made.
What else happened? Hmm, I’ll post more soon.
Email notification isn’t working yet, since I need to sign up with some service for that (default wordpress.com does that for you; this site is running on its own webspace though). I haven’t forgotten about that.
I will likely not transfer all the content of spawnhost.wordpress.com to this site; it was intended as a temporary home from the start (man, that was a long time ago). Nor will I port over any of the RemakeQuake stuff (I still have the source and assets, but that stuff is OLD now).
Next up: Getting a grip on UnrealED (it’s a lot like all those other level editors out there) and plopping in the first level from SJ. I had cut them up for performance, but I think I’ll fuse them back together. The hardware requirements for the game just skyrocketed anyway (“a semi-recent PC with a dedicated graphics card”, as has been the standard for first person games since the Nineties).
More to come.
One thought on “Update”
Nice to see your still around Jo
Comments are closed.